Friday, October 2, 2009

Delicious Autumn!

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a
bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.
~George Eliot

What a great quote! I love autumn. Our leaves really don't turn like they do in the East, but the cooler temperatures are certainly welcome. I was able to work in yard today in a t-shirt and jeans and I didn't die of heatstroke and soon the mosquitoes won't carry me away!

We pulled all of the fall decorations out last night. Lighted pumpkins, plastic pumpkins, painted pumpkins and of course pumpkin candles. Yummm! I even made a pumpkin roll for MOPS yesterday. That is another thing about fall, MOPS starts back up and I am able to share time with other moms. What a great program!

Halloween is fast approaching. I wonder if Lindsey will wear a "real" costume this year? Then it is time for Thanksgiving. Yummy food and the perfect time to be thankful for all of our many blessings. Then, yes, it will be here, Christmas. I almost fell over in Target the other day when I saw Christmas decorations out. It was like September 25. Come on, put the brakes on, enjoy this season, it has so much to offer!

Anyway, this is a totally random post. Mimi will understand because I think she loves autumn as much, if not more than I do! Hope you all have a terrific autumn!

No comments: