Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane

The good news is, I do know when I will be back again. My much awaited trip to Atlanta (yes, the land of overflowing rivers and torrential thunderstorms) is here. I depart tomorrow morning. Today has been a whirlwind of preparations and a whirlwind of emotions. Printing brochures, packing, making sure my instructions for Lindsey are as complete as possible, being excited, being nervous, just plain being tired.

So much races through my head right now. I am so sad that I won't see Lindsey until Friday. It feels so odd, so wrong honestly. I know she is in good hands, John and MiMi Betty will be fine with her. I just keep thinking what will I miss, will she forget me, will she be sad? Crazy thoughts as John puts it, but I just can't help it.

This trip does make me put things in some perspective though. I am thankful that I don't have to do this on a regular basis. At one time, my old job had me on the road quite a bit. I can't imagine leaving my baby girl on a regular basis. I am also grateful that I am on the exhibiting side of the meeting. Having been on both the hosting/planning and attending side of a trade show, I can say it's much easier being the exhibitor! This trip also made me think, this is what John does go through on a weekly basis. Every Monday through Thursday we are in Rosenberg working. I wonder if his heart aches a little bit when we are gone?

So, I guess I just need to try my best to focus on dazzling potential clients and signing them up for business. :) Just remember honey, Lindsey likes the yogurts pops in the freezer and there is such thing as too many mandarin oranges.

No comments: