Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Joyous Day - Lindsey's Baptism


We baptized our baby girl on Sunday. It is hard to put into words what a joyous day it was. Being a mom has brought out so many new emotions in me.

We had a nice crowd turn out for the big event. Rosemary and Robert (my sister and brother-in-law) are Lindsey's Godparents. Their kids Robert Jr., Richard and Robin were all there. Also in attendance were MiMi Williams (I have to clarify because to me, there is only one Mimi!), honorary Grandpa Ray, Aunt Veta, Uncle Rob, and cousins Tom, Nelda, Nancy and Maggie.




After the baptism we all headed to Another Time Soda Fountain for an afternoon of Build Your Own Burgers and Sundaes. Yummy!

A special note about the baptism gown: My Grandmother Bono made this dress by hand 52 years ago. All of my generation and all of our children have been baptized in this dress. That is lots of little babies! The detail work in the dress is amazing, hard for me believe someone did that by hand!

I am guessing I should keep this short rather than write a novel so I will stop. Can you tell I am a new blogger?
















3 comments:

Jen said...

Can I leave the first comment?? I'm so excited that you're a blogger now.

Lindsey is such a beautiful baby. I love the pictures!

Mimi said...

YAY for posts! Esp. with pictures! Glad to see you in blogland. Have I ever mentioned what a good looking family you have...esp. that little girl! Whew! She's the best!

Anonymous said...

You have such a beautiful family! I am so happy that you are a mommy! I know you are a wonderful one! Lindsey is so cute!!!