Thursday, March 6, 2008

Confessions of a Human Kleenex

****Warning-This post is graphic and not for the faint of heart****
Over the past ten months, I have been pooped on, peed on, thrown up on, burped on...I think that is it...and you know it is true, these things get to where they don't bother you, I guess some sort of badge of motherhood. ( can you see the merit badges for those things!) I remember the first time I got poop on my hand, how I quickly wiped it off with a baby wipe and ran to to sink to disinfect my hands. Today, it's like, oh there is poop on my hand, I better finish putting this diaper on before Houdini makes another great escape!

I guess it was inevitable that at some point Lindsey would get a cold. It has not been a terrible ordeal by any means, mainly just a cough with a runny nose, but it is the nose that is getting me. Why is there never a kleenex when you need it? It is like a little faucet that won't stop running...and when she sneezes, watch out! I guess everyone has those moments that make them really feel like a mom, getting sneezed on by a baby with a cold is definitely one of those moments.

I know this seems like a silly post and I guess what prompted it was as I was getting ready for bed the other night, our second night of almost no sleep, I looked at my clothes. I had booger residue on both arms of my shirt, across my chest, down each pant leg and yes, even a spot in my hair. I sat on the bed, laughed and thought to myself, it is official I am a Human Kleenex. The great thing is, I wouldn't have it any other way!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

This is a cute story. I mean...what we do for love!