Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Knock, Knock. Who's there?

Unfortunately, this isn't a joke. Christmas is just a little over a week away. Yikes. I have never in my life been this far behind this close to Christmas. The Christmas cards aren't mailed. Heck I don't even have a picture I want to use yet. The presents aren't wrapped. Well, that could be because I haven't bought them yet. I haven't been to the grocery store to purchase what I need for the Christmas meal. I am so going to love those long lines at the grocery store. John's birthday is Friday, the big 4-0! Am I prepared? Nooooooo.

I was getting ready for bed last night and slowly working myself into a tizzy. I stopped to read Lindsey her books. We are reading a Christmas collection and as I turned to the story of Little Robin Redbreast, The Little Donkey and the story of the birth of Christ, I slowly began to calm down. Jesus was born for me! Talk about the ultimate gift. How lucky am I? The presents and Christmas cards are nice, but they really don't matter. I am so fortunate to be alive, to have a wonderful family and friends, to have a roof over my head and food on my table and to have Jesus in my life.

So as I wrap up and get ready to jump back into the hustle and bustle of the season, I am going to try harder to keep this in mind. To really remember what is important and try not to get upset if something doesn't go as I planned. Wish me luck!

No comments: