We both knew when we bought a house built in 1969 there would be a lot to do. I hate to admit it but the majority, well pretty much all of it has fallen on John's shoulders. He has worked tirelessly to make our house more of a home, a home that doesn't look like it was built in 1969. He has:
- Revamped our interior doors (door work is tricky, don't let anyone fool you, anytime you take something that has been on a hinge for almost 40 years you are bound to have problems)
- Stripped, sanded, primed and painted almost half of the exterior trim (thanks to our understanding neighbors who are kind enough to put up with a half and half house)
- Textured and painted our guest bathroom, as well as hung a mirror. Yeah we can see ourselves. (Here is one of the few places I helped, I stripped the wallpaper off! Uggg)
- Worked to get our yard back in shape. It was pretty neglected for a long period of time and has needed some TLC. He recently trimmed back the holly bushes in front of the house and it looks so different. Why do people plant holly bushes anyway?
- Organized our office, complete with hanging pictures and connecting all of my docking station components. It looks amazing and was such a sweet surprise.
There is more that he has done, but these are the big highlights. There is still more to do, but I just wanted to say thank you to my favorite handy man for being so sweet and doing so much for me and Lindsey.