Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday Rambles

There are so many things I want to blog about so I guess I will just give a brief rundown of the events of the past few weeks.
  1. Halloween was a blast. After many failed attempts of getting Lindsey to wear a lady bug costume, we resorted to plan B. Mommy made a piggie costume complete with curly tail. My pictures are stinky, but thankfully the video is pretty good. We all went around the neighborhood. Lindsey managed to get out "Tri Treat" and even snorted for some lucky neighbors!
  2. After many weeks of smooth drop offs and pick up from MOPS, Lindsey cried when I left her in the nursery. It was horrible. One of the worst feelings in my life. She also cried when I picked her up. My heart broke for my little girl and I was just thankful that I did not have to do that everyday.
  3. Lindsey got rave reviews at her 18 month check up. She is 22 pounds and 32 inches long. The doctor asked me how her vocabulary was and thankfully Lindsey was very happy to show him that day. It is amazing how many words she picks up on now. We are working on please (peeeze) and thank you (nank you). It is so fun.
  4. We are on day four of Operation No More Bottles. The transition has actually gone pretty smoothly and for that I am thankful. I just hope that it continues to go well. We have also pulled out the potty chair. She knows to go sit on it, get toilet paper and to flush. Now we just have to work on explaining the actual using the potty part. These things are all huge milestones and although I am so thankful because I think life will be easier, not to mention cheaper, it is a little sad. My baby is growing up so quickly!
  5. I am out of places to put things in my house. I think I might just need to build a shelf right by the ceiling. Climbing on top of things is very popular right now, as is going into my underwear drawer and wearing them around her neck. How does stuff like that get started?
  6. John has been off since Monday and I have loved having him around. He has done several home improvement projects despite of the yucky weather. I am so thankful I have a husband that is willing and able to do so many things to make our house look even better.
  7. I had a mole removed on Monday, so I am currently nursing a few stitches on/in/under?? my right underarm. Let me just say that this is a terrible place to have stitches and not bending or moving your arm is not an option, not to mention that fact that going without deodorant is just plain gross. It is standard for them to biopsy these things, but it makes a little nervous. Feel free to pray for good news! :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Snort!

Loved the update.

I know the mole removal experience. Just had a similar procedure done a couple months ago. Under your arm is not a comfortable place - and I can't imagine having it done with a little one who wants to be picked up! Praying that all turns out well...

Mimi said...

snort, snort! :o)

You always have a way of making me laugh even when things are "serious"!

Hope it's nothing!